Image Map

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Drought

Have you ever experienced a drought?
I have. 
Well, sorta. 
This most recent one was of the blogging kind.

If you haven't been following me on Instagram (you should), you may not have known that my family recently moved from coastal Rhode Island to the mountains of Colorado. 
Now, while I will miss so many things about New England...
lobster rolls, Dell's lemonade, great friends, and the opportunity to meet some of the best teacher bloggers out there (go check out Noelle's, from Giggles at Greene, post about our Providence Pow-Wow blogger meet-up)
...I am reuniting with my best friend. 
Now that we've gotten settled (for the most part), I've been able to get my mo-jo back and started brainstorming some things that I wanted to share with you. 
To start, I came across these amazing pencils at Target and I have fallen in love with them.
Yoobi pencils are colorful, pre-sharpened, and have white erasers. 
And they continue to sharpen so evenly, that I actually enjoy using the pencil sharpener. 
They'll be my go-to pencils from this point on.

Since we moved in March, we had to pull our little guy out of his fabulous Pre-K program (tear). We re-enrolled him in an exploratory program where the prime focus is science and social studies themes. They gloss over reading and math concepts, but it's not their main agenda.
To make sure he continues to prepare for Kindergarten, we're using 2 hours of our afternoons to shore up those entry-level skills and maybe (fingers crossed) go a bit further. We're using lots of various resources from amazing TPT sellers/bloggers. To see more, search #KountdownToKindergarten on Instagram. 

One final thing, I've been inching towards reaching a milestone achievement on my Facebook and Instagram accounts (links on the right). 
If you aren't already, go follow me on both so I can throw a "don't want to miss" giveaway.
 
Until next time...which won't be in two months, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment